Sunday, September 26, 2010

Not Ready to Run Barefoot In the Dark

I have a full-day errand to run tomorrow so I was trying to figure out when I would run, since I usually run on Monday mornings.

I decided I would run tonight, and was going to go out around 7pm as I have in the past when I've done night runs.  As I was getting ready it suddenly hit me that I run barefoot now and it is dark outside.

I'm not quite ready to go out in the dark yet.  So, it looks like I'm going to have to get up at 5am tomorrow and run before the day gets going.

This probably sounds really wimpy, especially after you read about Barefoot Josh and how he ran in the dark being chased by a devil!  He wears a headlight in the dark.  Wonder if I should get one of those?

Winter is coming, so it will be dark for more of the day.  Yet I haven't figured out what I'm going to do about my feet in winter yet.  Vibrams?  I don't want to stop going barefoot.

2 comments:

Val said...

I have been playing catch up with your blog for the past few days and I must say it is very inspirational. I am a nurse who works on my feet 12hrs at a time, 7 months pregnant who used to run. I wasn't very good at it and suffered terrible shin splints before I stopped completely during pregnancy. I am now looking forward to picking up running after my delivery and am looking at going barefoot. I have been going barefoot in the house every chance I have and have ordered VFF. When I am at work, I wear flat shoes, no heels and try to work on my "form" when walking and looking to strengten my feet in the meantime. Thank you for sharing your story, I enjoy reading your adventures in the barefoot world! See you around!
Val

Avocational Singer said...

Thanks for stopping by, Val. Your comments were very inspiring. You're going about this in a smart way and I know you're going to love the new running form!